The 7th edition of the yearly travel and expat guide in English, City Compass Romania: Bucharest & Beyond brings a wealth of new information for anybody looking to discover Romania and Romanians.
This one-of-a-kind guide, enjoyed by tourists, expats and locals, brings together practical information written by expats who live in Romania or by Romanians with an international and intercultural mind set.
What’s inside the 2015 issue:
- Travel destinations from all around Romania (with updated information and new places to discover), including off-the-beaten-track destinations;
- Stories and practical directory covering accommodation, eating & drinking and having fun in main cities & regions across the country, including Cuj – Napoca, Brasov, Sibiu, Alba – Iulia, Sinaia mountain resort, the seaside and the Danube Delta;
- The main Bucharest neighbourhoods, including the popular Old Town with lots of entertainment options, and Pipera, the expat neighbourhood, as well as main interest points within walking distance downtown Bucharest + useful maps of these areas;
- Stories about Romania written by expats who have been living in the country;
- Facts and figures about the unexpected Romania;
- Traditional cures and superstitions to delve deeper into the Romanian soul;
- Updated and curated business directory for capital city Bucharest, in an easy to browse format, including restaurants, hotels, shopping, sports and fun;
- Usage guidelines for first time travellers, newcomers, and long-term expats;
- Features about Romanian history, main 2014 news relevant for Romania, street food and non-smoking places in Bucharest, Romanian food, going out and night life, sports, real estate, house & home, shopping, traffic & transport & getting around in Bucharest, family fun & parks, as well as features on doing business, + visa and immigration requirements for foreigners;
Over 23 guest writers, both Romanians and expats, contributed to the 2015 edition, which was coordinated by Corina Chirileasa.
The new edition of the Bucharest, Romania and Beyond 2014 guide is now available in print, and you can buy it from Anthony Frost bookshop and from Carturesti bookshops.
E-Book version of the new guide available to purchase on Amazon.com.