Address: 21 Lascar Catargiu Blvd.
Phone: +4021 212 96 44
Built in 1908 by the Admiral Vasile Urseanu, the building was the first private observatory in Romania and only became a public institution in 1950, after the war. Its majestic setting on Lascar Catargiu Boulevard and beautiful architecture still recalls Romania’s interwar period. The building inspires a certain nostalgia of time immemorial, while the cars seem to chase each other along the boulevard. Adding yet more to its attractiveness, the observatory acquired a new and more efficient telescope in January 2008.