Road tax

If you are moving to Romania with your own car, or are even just driving through, you have to pay the Romanian road tax, which is called “Rovinieta”. The authorities will be able to check electronically whether you bought the Rovinieta or not, as cameras have been installed at city exits.

The tax can be paid for a period of one day, seven days (EUR 3), thirty days (EUR 7) and one year (EUR 28), and can be paid in RON at current exchange rates. Several gas stations sell the Rovinieta.